Hudson Lab School Online Educator
Innovative educators wanted for online classes!
Camp Hudson is a popular day camp run by the founders of Hudson Lab School, located in Westchester county, NY. We enjoy a strong community following, along with a reputation for educational innovation driven by our amazing teachers. Over the past two months we have successfully migrated our classes and camps online, and with the demand for our online programming steadily increasing, we need innovative educators now!
Hudson Lab School Online
At Hudson Lab School @ Home, teachers curate an engaging learning environment driven by children’s curiosity and exploration. As emergent educators, they understand that learning happens not by pushing or pulling children toward a clearly delineated finish line, but from developing comfort dwelling in the less clearly defined spaces. Projects and activities inspire creativity and teach children critical skills such as perseverance and resilience. A maximum class size of 6-8 helps children come together and create community online, to enjoy fun, games, jokes and friendship.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at hudsonlabschool.com.
At Hudson Lab School @ Home, we are looking for candidates with experience in open-ended or project-based learning environments. While we are agnostic as to subject matter, we want passionate teachers who inspire students. Successful candidates are those who: are able to develop and lead fun and creative online learning experiences; have the ability to reach a wide variety of children, build relationships and trust; truly enjoy working with children, find them interesting and be interested in how they think and grow.
- Experience working with kids is a must, ideally with ages 4.5-13 in a child-led learning environment that honors the free will and independence of children
- Initiative: we are people who jump in when we see things that need to get done; when we have ideas, we try them- not just talk about them
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to engage and interact with children and their parents, creating a welcoming and fun, yet professional online environment
- The flexibility to work through the challenges inherent in building and improving online learning, while actually doing it: we are here to support and provide guidance but this is new for all of us
- Patient and calm under pressure; able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Punctual and reliable
- Must have a computer and familiarity with Zoom
- Additional experience with curriculum design, working with children, knowledge of special education theory and practice, fine arts, applied arts or any other personal superpowers welcome
Class Specifications -
- A description of what you would like to teach
- Availability: Day(s) and time(s) for class(es)
- Length of class (for younger students we typically have 30-45 mins, for older kids 45-60 mins)
- Maximum class size
- Materials requirements for students
From your home where ever in the world that may be
Compensation: Based on experience
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis (sooner is better).
- Application Form (asks for course description and details, availability and resume)
- Sample class (example)
- Background Check
- Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org