Since 2009, Good Start Packaging has been on a mission to help foodservice operators reduce the amount of disposable plastic they use in favor of compostable packaging alternatives. Over 20,000 clients in every state across the U.S. rely on Good Start Packaging’s incredible client service, competitive pricing, and consultative approach to operate more sustainably. We offer one of the widest selections of compostable packaging products for the foodservice industry and have successfully maintained a 95% fulfillment rate, giving clients the tools they need to grow without causing unnecessary harm to the planet. We’ve grown revenue over 50% per year for the past three years and are on pace for record sales in 2020. We’re looking for an intern to join our marketing team to help keep up with demand in this fast-growing green segment of the packaging industry and to learn firsthand how a dynamic e-commerce company runs.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Marketing team in the development of marketing plans, strategies, and programs
- Help manage Good Start Packaging’s social media presence including developing original content, scouting partnership opportunities and engaging with social users
- Assist in the development of a print catalog including organizing and curating assets and proofing copy
- Perform research into various marketing initiatives and vendors by evaluating opportunities and reporting on findings
- Assist in organizing and cataloging marketing files and customer assets on a shared company drive and within the Hubspot CRM
- Help develop content related to sustainability and the foodservice industry
- Learn e-commerce and analytic tools to perform ad hoc tasks
- Be a team player – help with whatever is needed
Who you are:
- Familiar with emerging marketing concepts and strategies. The ideal candidate would be actively seeking a degree in marketing or have recently attained one.
- Experience with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, YouTube, Instagram)
- Highly-creative with a natural aptitude for learning
- Strong sense of accountability and get it done attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Passion for protecting the environment
- Photography and/or videography skills a bonus
Benefits & Commitment
This internship will allow you to learn marketing skills and strategy in a real-world setting, from experienced team members in a fast-growing e-commerce company.
This is a paid internship at $15/hour. We offer a flexible schedule, but you must be available 80% of the time during working hours (8am-5pm EST). The internship opportunity will begin in early/mid-June through late August with possible extension or opportunity for full-time employment. Since virtual work will be required, the intern and marketing team will correspond using a variety of tools including computers, messaging applications, phone calls and virtual meetings.
Applicants for employment must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the intern. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the intern.
Mid-way through the internship with Good Start Packaging and again upon completion, there will be a performance review led by the Director of Marketing. This is to help the intern understand expectations going forward while providing valuable feedback on their performance. The intern will have the opportunity to provide feedback related to their experience during these reviews as well. Good Start Packaging will also happily work with students seeking course credit for internships including completing student evaluations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Good Start Packaging provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.