About the Firm
JVM Lending is an exceptionally dynamic, unique and tech-oriented mortgage lender seeking to disrupt our industry. What makes JVM different from other companies in the mortgage space is our extremely strong desire to maintain an outstanding culture and promote cohesive teamwork at all times. Another differing factor is that we prefer to hire individuals with little to no experience in our industry – JVM trains all new team members from top to bottom with our unique, unrivaled training program. The Corporate Recruiter position is challenging, but the culture and work environment are collaborative, open and simply fun - creating an experience that is both intense and rewarding. Team members have substantial autonomy and influence in management decisions at all levels. In addition to our focus on teamwork and culture, JVM also places a strong emphasis on exemplary customer service. We are extremely proud of our outstanding online and social reputation in the marketplace.
To accommodate our increasing rapid growth, we are looking for ambitious and driven individuals to join the JVM team. A successful JVM team member is hard-working, intelligent, and well rounded. We are inspired by people with a good sense of humor, willingness to learn, willingness to succeed, and just plain grit. Our headquarters are located in Downtown Walnut Creek – 20 miles east of San Francisco. Please note that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- You are highly motivated and thrive on a team where you can make a big impact.
- You don’t like to settle but instead, opt for a path that allows you to rapidly increase your responsibilities and grow within an organization.
- You think big and want to transform the way an entire industry operates.
- You want to be part of a thriving and dynamic firm with tremendous growth prospects.
What You Will Do
- Design and execute a recruiting strategy to continuously attract, engage, and hire top talent.
- Serve as a strategic hiring expert and partner for our hiring stakeholders and our office.
- Advise hiring partners on strategies to address talent gaps and future talent needs, through hiring.
- Help determine roles and scopes for our team given organizational objectives.
- Develop a hiring strategy, including candidate assessment tools (interview guides, reference questions, etc.) based on best practices to ensure efficient, effective and objective evaluation processes.
- Build critical relationships (within the organization and your network) to attract and engage with new talent.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for hiring across multiple job positions, including Mortgage Analyst, Closing Specialist, Marketing Assistant, Admin Specialist, Appraisal Manager and others.
- Build candidate rapport through trust and act as a candidate advisor through the interview process from start to finish.
- Develop and leverage metrics to make informed recruiting decisions.
- Manage a large pipeline of candidates and handle all organizational tasks associated with the interview process.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record.
- Strong background in recruiting.
- No industry-specific experience required or desired.
- Service-oriented team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work efficiently with a cross-functional team, managing multiple projects.
- Proficiency with software and technology in general.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be tech-savvy.
- Capacity to learn and absorb a very large quantity of information quickly.
Compensation & Benefits
- $100K OTE, $65K base salary.
- Commission paid out monthly, uncapped.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Full healthcare benefits and 401K.
- Tons of free food, kombucha keg and happy hours.
- An amazing downtown Walnut Creek location.