The Eau Claire Children’s Theatre is a non-profit, volunteer-driven community theatre providing quality theatrical and educational experiences for western Wisconsin residents of all ages. Founded in 1989, the Eau Claire Children’s Theatre is currently in its 31st Season. ECCT has four main areas of programming-
mainstage productions of major Broadway musicals; school matinees of shows based on award-winning children’s literature; touring productions; summer theatre classes.
Each season ECCT produces 14-16 shows along with a variety of special events, at two main venues- the Pablo Center with the the 1200 seat RCU Theatre and 400 seat JAMF Theatre, and the 275 seat theatre owned by ECCT, The Oxford. With annual attendance of 32,000-35,000 patrons and an annual budget of $560,000, the Eau Claire Children’s Theatre is one of the largest community theatres in western Wisconsin.
Currently our paid staffing consists of the following positions:
Executive Director, Associate Director, Technical Director, Scenic Production Manager, 2 Costumers, Costume Shop Manager, Promotions and Graphic Design.
We are currently taking applications to fill the Technical Director position. More information about ECCT can be found at www.ecct.org and on our Facebook pages- “ECCT” and “ECCT Tech Productions”. We look forward to receiving your application materials.
EAU CLAIRE CHILDREN’S THEATRE, INC.
POSITION TITLE: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
I. POSITION OBJECTIVES: To provide superior technical expertise in the areas of Lighting, Sound, Special Effects and Projections for ECCT productions, rentals and special events. To oversee day to day facilities operations and maintenance for ECCT and The Oxford. To be an active member of the Production Staff, assisting in the areas of scenic construction, painting and/or properties as capable.
II. POSITION CHARACTERISTICS:
Recruited by: Executive Director
Salary/Benefits: $28,000-$30,000 Annual salary negotiable depending on experience
Monthly health insurance stipend provided
Monthly cell phone allowance provided
Paid vacations, holidays and sick days
Schedule: Full time salaried position; schedule will flex between daytime, evening and weekend hours depending on ECCT production schedule. Position starts September 1, 2020, or sooner if available.
III. POSITION RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Community volunteers, Interns
Coordinates with: Scenic Coordinator, Lead Artist, Properties Coordinator
IV. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
• BA/BS in Technical Theatre, Lighting or Sound Design, Tech Ed or related field desired or comparable experience in the field
• Strong lighting and sound design ability
• Strong knowledge of theatrical lighting and sound reproduction and operation
• Knowledge of special effects production
• Experience with the use of projections, SFX software, live streaming and other similar technical systems
• Scenic construction and painting skills desirable
• Knowledge of theatrical style, conventions and terminology
• Strong oral communication skills
• Background in or appreciation of theatre
• Demonstrated ability to recruit and work with volunteers
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational skills and highly motivated with strong work ethic
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
V. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SAMPLE TASKS
• Design and implement lighting, sound and special effects elements for productions, rentals and special events at The Oxford + Pablo Center
• Train and work with volunteers as part of the running crew for productions
• Take a lead on the use of projections for shows, live streaming as implemented
• Oversee maintenance of facilities and equipment at ECCT and in The Oxford
• Assist with the completion of scenic requirements for ECCT shows as able
• Assist with IT and related tasks as experience allows
• Other duties as assigned
VI. HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter and current resume, along with relevant work samples to ECCT by email or by mail or in person at 1814 Oxford Avenue Eau Claire WI 54703. Application deadline is Tuesday, June 30. Questions regarding this position may be directed to Executive Director Wayne Marek by email or 715-839-8877.