Behavioral Psychology Marketing Intern
We are looking for a behavioral psychology intern to join our remote marketing team full-time for the summer to help us improve our understanding of our users’ mindset at key points in the user journey. We want to get smarter about how our members might perceive the marketing campaigns we develop and improve on the marketing tactics we use to keep our members engaged with the app, and reach their weight loss goals. This person will help us across the lifecycle of our marketing campaigns and would work closely with our team to help drive increased engagement, weight loss success, and revenue. We are excited to learn from you and improve the way we think about our member lifecycle!
We’re looking for someone to join our remote team full-time* for the summer, and we can be flexible with exact start and end dates.
*Note: This is a paid internship, and will be remote due to the outbreak of COVID-19. This position will observe our ‘Summer Hours Policy’ and work from Monday - Thursday through August 28th.
- Aim to understand the mindset of members at key stages of their weight loss journey to help drive long-term success with our product
- Help our team optimize the user journey by integrating psychological concepts into our marketing tactics
- Leverage behavioral models as you influence the campaigns and messages that we send to our members throughout their journey
- Work in a fast-paced environment to design and run experiments to understand the impact of the campaigns you create on engagement, weight loss and conversion
- Summarize key learnings from tests with clear takeaways and actionable next steps
- Help educate the marketing team about relevant underlying psychological principles
Skills and Qualifications
- On track to receive a degree related to behavioral health or behavioral psychology
- Interested in the intersection between marketing and psychology
- Passionate about affecting change and helping our members reach their goals
- We’re looking for someone with a willingness to learn, who sees problems as opportunities to learn and isn’t afraid of failure
- Excellent communication skills to educate and collaborate with the team throughout your work
If this sounds like a great role for you, send us your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject. In your cover letter, briefly tell us why you think you'd be a great fit for Lose It! We look forward to hearing from you! Send your resume to: email@example.com
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 90 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
Note: Since the outbreak of COVID-19 our employees have been working remotely from their homes. While we would love to be back in the office soon, our existing team and any new team members have the option to work remotely through the rest of 2020. We do expect our full time hires to be in our Boston office with us in 2021.