Student Services Ambassador
We are seeking highly motivated students who are both detail oriented and responsible for this new Student Services Ambassador position. As these students will be representing student services offices on the 4th floor, we are looking for students who can provide quality customer service for students, faculty, and staff members.
The Student Services Suite (Academic Advising, Financial Aid, Registration Office, Student Accessibility Services, and Student Accounts & Business Office) and Career and Professional Success will be providing services remotely for the fall 2020 semester. The Student Services Ambassador will work in the Suite located on the 4th floor with the purpose of directing students to online services, answering basic questions, and assisting with the touch free transactions.
- Make referrals to the appropriate remote resources
- Guide students through the process of scheduling online appointments with staff members
- Explain basic procedures and policies to students in person and via email
- Assist students who are dropping off documents or payments to the Business and Financial Aid Offices in using a secure lock box
- Keep record of all suite visitors using Microsoft Excel
- Communicate regularly with staff members via instant messaging, email, and phone
- Maintain strict confidentiality when managing student information
- Have a general understanding of each of the offices on the 4th floor as well as general UNH Manchester resources
- UNH Manchester student
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-Starter – have a strong sense of initiative and motivation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to problem solve
Safety Precautions: The Student Services Ambassadors are always expected to follow COVID precautions including regular COVID testing, wearing a face covering (mask), sanitizing their workstation at the start and end of every shift, and following all UNH guidelines for returning to campus. Increased safety precautions have been put in place, including a plexiglass barrier, shortened shifts, and physical distance markers on the floor.
Hours and Scheduling: Applicants must be able to work between of 5-15 hours per week. We do accommodate student’s class schedules and craft the work schedule according to all the student worker’s availability. Due to the uncertainty of this time because of COVID, shift hours may be changed or possibly reduced unexpectedly and without advanced warning.
Training will include information about each of the offices on the 4th floor and technical “how to” knowledge. Training will be conducted through myCourses modules that are designed to help Ambassadors gain a full understanding of the new operational procedures and supplemented with Zoom meetings.
Pay Rate: Starting rate is $11.00.
Next Steps: Students interested in this position should apply through Handshake. After the deadline students may be invited to a Zoom interview with Kaitlyn Squibb, the Senior Administrative Assistant of Academic Advising.