Senior Statistician(Job Id 14926)
Job ID: 14926
Agency: Department of Public Safety - Office of Highway Safety and Accident Records
Salary: $19.07 - $24.30 per hour
Pay Grade: GI
Closing Date: 10/22/2020
The South Dakota Office of Accident Records, located within the Department of Public Safety, is looking for a motivated person to be part of its team. This position oversees the certification of all crash reports entered into the South Dakota Accident Reporting System (SDARS) and ensures crash locations are mapped in accordance with the crash description. This position conducts quality assurance audits to verify crash data, and locations are consistent and complete within the office's databases. Utilizing ArcMap and multiple databases, this position establishes report formats to compile data into understandable documentation for stakeholders to make decisions regarding roadway safety projects and/or programs. Some in-state travel may be required with this position.
The Office of Accident Records website can be found here: https://dps.sd.gov/records/accident-records. The Department of Public Safety's mission is to keep South Dakota a safe place to live, work, visit, and raise a family. As a member of the Office of Accident Records team, you will help support our department's mission!
Questionnaire: Applicants will be required to answer a series of job-related questions when submitting an application for this job.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and attention to detail;
- knowledge and/or experience with ArcMap.
- crash data and the ability to utilize ArcMap;
- laws, rules, procedures, and guidelines pertinent to the collection and analysis of motor vehicle traffic crashes;
- Microsoft computer applications.
- establish effective working relationships and communicate effectively with staff and law enforcement agencies;
- use a computer and database software to prepare reports and analyze data;
- evaluate information and record-keeping systems and identify deficiencies;
- be detail-oriented;
- deal tactfully with others;
- devise and suggest solutions to difficult problems.
Additional Requirements: Please attach a resume and professional references.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply by clicking on the green "Apply Externally" button.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"