Program Support Assistant
This is an outreach notice for a Program Support Assistant (PSA) position for the Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB) Cooperative Eradication Program, with USDA APHIS PPQ, in Bethel, Ohio!
Please apply through USA Jobs (link provided within announcement).
The vacancy announcement is open until October 16th.
- This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months. (Appointment may be extended up to 4 years without reannouncing). For more details click: Term Appointments
In this position you will be responsible for the overall administrative management activities of the office you are assigned which includes fiscal and budget, travel, payroll, procurement and supply, property, personnel, data processing, records and mail management; you are part of an overall administrative team for the state.
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews historical data and collects information using cost-benefit analysis techniques to determine new and recurring fiscal needs.
- Tracks employee hours by accounting codes, prepares monthly budget estimates, salary and benefit reports, and spreadsheets.
- Electronically creates procurement documents, prepares procurement requests for forms, publications, equipment, services and supplies.
- Prepares forms and documents, maintains logs, manages office calendars, receives visitors, directs calls, and maintains an inventory of property.
- Makes purchases per policy guidelines, manages purchase card personal accounts and reconciles transactions.
- Utilizes an automated timekeeping system in order to review individual timesheets for adherence to accurate/complete recording of time in pay status, and that proper leave documents are submitted.
- provides advice and technical guidance to the supervisor and employees on recruitment procedures, personnel actions, WGIs, performance appraisals, learning contracts, etc.
- Administers new employee orientation and provides assistance with forms, identifies training, and provides advice on various Agency regulations, guidance, and work and/or administrative processes.
- Utilizes knowledge of travel regulations, policies and procedures in order to disseminate information and provide training to travelers.
I wish you the best of luck in all your career pursuits!
USDA APHIS PPQ
Outreach and Recruitment
Call/ Text: 518-420-9779
APHIS Career Page: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/banner/careers
Plant Protection Today Newsletter: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/ppq-program-overview/plant-protection-today/plant-protection-today