RISE Operations Team Fall Intern
The Operations Intern will work closely with the RISE Operations Team to assist with RISE’s knowledge management and communication functions. RISE is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to assist with the advancement of the organization’s communications efforts and organizing the knowledge management system. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and is passionate about closing achievement gaps and developing the potential of all students regardless of life circumstance.
Potential projects include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the RISE Director of Talent & Operations in the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, and websites, ensuring a consistent and compelling public narrative around RISE’s mission and impact.
- Post content for the RISE website, blog, Twitter, and e-newsletter.
- Organize and maintain contact information for RISE internal and external stakeholders.
- Support efforts to codify tools and resources.
2. Knowledge Management:
- Organize and maintain the RISE shared drive on Google Drive.
- Organize and update commonly used RISE forms, templates, and guidelines for RISE employees.
- Organize and maintain an internal library of photos, videos, presentations, and other communications resources.
- Provide administrative support to RISE’s partnership with external communications vendors including assisting with note-taking and documentation.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google apps.
- Ability to ramp up on new content and work in an independent and self-motivated manner.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and results-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in knowledge management.
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility for results.
- Outstanding collaboration and teamwork.
- Sense of humor, positive attitude, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet competing demands.
- A strong belief that all students can learn and achieve at high levels.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated passion for and professional interest in communications, knowledge management and/or nonprofit operations.
- Experience attending, working, or volunteering in Connecticut public schools.
- Experience working in an office setting in an administrative capacity.
- Experience in communications operations (e.g. CRM systems, photo archiving and tagging, etc.)
- Knowledge of graphic design software.
Required Education and Experience:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in a relevant field with some prior work experience.
- High School diploma and 1-2 years of office experience in lieu of current enrollment in a degree program.