Consumer Marketing Advocate Nutrition Optum – Part Time – Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Responsible for consumer sales activities and growing top line revenues. The Consumer Marketing Advocate identifies consumer leads through their personal social media networks, follows up on ThriveRx educational offerings and events to onboard referrals and achieve sales objectives. Customers are home parenteral and enteral nutrition consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consumer Marketing and Sales Support
- Utilizes select social media and personal network to identify HPEN consumers who would benefit from ThriveRx services.
- Pursues consumer leads presented through ThriveRx educational offerings, social media advertising and events.
- Develops strategic business plan to develop lead access, consumer community penetration and referral securement with goal of growing consumer census.
- Works with Regional Sales Directors to develop an action plan focused on product education of potential ThriveRx consumers.
- Participates in local and regional non-profit events and ThriveRx support groups to educate and recruit potential home parenteral and enteral nutrition consumers.
- Participates on weekly pipeline calls and activities.
- Maintains consumer data base entries on pipelines and in the CRM system.
- Assists in the development of consumer marketing materials to aid in recruitment.
- Consumer Onboarding
- Works with Intake Team to gather information needed to smoothly bring newly recruited consumers onto service.
- Acts as a liaison to the consumer during the onboarding process to ensure smooth transition, answering questions regarding process and relay of information to the consumer.
- Provides telephonic and face-to-face nutrition consumer satisfaction monitoring during and after the onboarding process with communication to the Intake Team as needed.
- Documents consumer contact in medical record progress notes.
- Participates as necessary in care conferences and meetings related to ThriveRx patients.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must demonstrate B2C or B2B relationship selling and/or marketing skills
- Knowledge of disease states necessitating nutrition or chronic vascular access
- One plus year combined experience in social media selling, networking, advertising, customer service or advocacy
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft products
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
A successful candidate will also have:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks, deescalate internal and external stakeholders in times of stress, and respond professionally
- Comfortable with change and able to manage and respond to details, while maintaining organizational and community priorities
- Ability to achieve sales metrics and target market growth
- Ability to work well with various personalities and within a team
- Flexible communication style
- High degree of motivation
- Active listening skills
- Knowledge of/experience with the community and resources in which you are servicing