Restaurant Server - Interviews 4/16/21
Job Title: Dining Room Server
To serve meals to our guests while upholding the dining room mission statement: “to provide exceptional service and a high quality dining experience.”
To provide exceptional service for a high quality dining experience by serving the guest promptly, efficiently, and courteously as an extension of the Sheraton Core Values.
- Be responsible and accountable for set-up, mid-shift and breakdown work as set forth by food and beverage procedures per daily checklists
- Prepare your section and review functions/reservations
- Complete side work in a timely fashion, daily side work checklist completed and approved by manager on duty
- Be knowledgeable and follow all procedures/protocols with all positions within the department
- Maintain a high level of table appearance; clear all items no longer in use after each course, Pre-Bussing
- Practice good service etiquette, marking courses, pre-bussing, marking courses, proper use of seat numbers
- Follow food and beverage menu standards
- Interact with guests in a respectful and polite manner, utilize the Service Culture training programs to effectively service the guest needs
- Act as a concierge for both leisure and business activities- have knowledge of daily activities of hotel, promotions (hotel) and local interests.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of all dining services menu items
- Must maintain a level of alcohol awareness to be able to enforce and adhere to the laws set by the State of New Hampshire
- Must be able to take instructions and direction from supervisor
- Must be able to perform janitorial duties related to the position, may include heavy lifting and moving of equipment
- Must abide by all hotel policies and procedures as described in the most current copy of the employee handbook
- Must maintain a clean and professional appearance and condition
- Job requires handling of trays, glassware, china, hot service ware, etc.
- Job requires carrying trays using proper lifting techniques and serving guidelines
- The position requires stretching, bending, stooping, and extensive lifting
- Working and walking through kitchen areas, restaurant and aisle areas
- Must be able to remain on feet for 6-10 hours per shift
- The position requires stretching, bending, stooping and extensive lifting; on average 30 lbs.
Recommended Qualification Standards:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education preferred.
Experience: Previous serving/front of the house experience required.
401k – after 1 year (Full time only)
PTO – after 1 year (Full time only)
Health Insurance – after 60 days (Full time only)
Daily Employee Meals
Marriott Brand and Ocean State Properties Room Discounts
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background and credit check.
OP-Careers (Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.