Sous Chef - Interviews 4/16/21
Job Title: Sous Chef
Job Type: Full Time
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic candidates to join our award winning culinary team! We are searching for candidates looking to grow their hospitality career with this full time position. Full time positions offer benefits that can include; health insurance, dental insurance, vacation time, as well as discounts at other properties in our portfolio. Weekends and Holidays required.
- Assists in completing prep and storage of food items
- Prepares high quality food items to order in a timely manner
- Assists with Recipe creation and execution
- Ensures proper food safety and sanitation standards
- Leeds and works with the culinary team to deliver exceptional service to our guests
- Have knowledge of all events occurring on property and is aware a ready to help with executing food for events when needed.
- Assists Executive chef with scheduling
- Assists in the practice of maintaining food cost of Food and Beverage Department
- Administrative Duties as needed
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of all dining services menu items
- Must maintain a level of food safety awareness to be able to adhere to the laws set by the State of New Hampshire
- Must be able to take instructions and direction from supervisor
- Must be able to perform janitorial duties related to the position, may include heavy lifting, moving of equipment, and cleaning of equipment
- Must abide by all hotel policies and procedures as described in the most current copy of the employee handbook
- Must maintain a clean and professional appearance and condition
- Job requires understanding knife safety and proper handling of equipment.
- The position requires stretching, bending, stooping, and extensive lifting
- Working and walking through kitchen areas, storage areas, coolers and freezers
- Must be able to remain on feet for 6-10 hours per shift
- The position requires stretching, bending, stooping and extensive lifting; on average 30 lbs.
Recommended Qualification Standards:
Education: Culinary Arts Degree Proffered.
Experience: Previous culinary experience preferred.
*This position description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
401k – after 1 year (Full time only)
PTO – after 1 year (Full time only)
Health Insurance – after 60 days (Full time only)
Daily Employee Meals
Marriott Brand Discounts
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background and credit check.
OP-Careers (Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.