Housekeeping - Room Attendant - Interviews 4/16/21
Job Title: Room Attendant
Job Type: Full Time
A room attendant is responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of guest rooms.
401k – after 1 year (Full time only)
PTO – after 1 year (Full time only)
Health Insurance – after 60 days (Full time only)
Daily Employee Meals
Marriott Brand and Ocean State Properties Room Discounts
• Vacuuming and sweeping carpets and floors.
• Mopping floors as needed.
• Dusting, brushing, polishing and vacuuming furniture.
• Dusting and cleaning room decorations, appliances and structural surfaces (e.g. wall fixtures, window sills, vents).
• Changing linen and making beds.
• Cleaning showers, tubs, sinks and bathroom items.
• Removing used guest amenities and trash.
• Replenishing guest amenities and supplies.
• Inspecting rooms for safety hazards and for the operating condition of equipment and reporting same to maintenance.
• Checking for damaged linens.
• Reporting lost and found articles, maintenance problems, or special room problems (e.g. pets in the room) to a supervisor.
• Maintaining storage rooms and stocking carts.
• Emptying linen from housekeeping cart into laundry cart.
• Recording room status on work assignment sheets.
• Preparing rooms for guest arrival and responding to special guest requests, such as delivering newspapers or cleaning a spill.
• Listening and responding to guests’ requests or complaints.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds.
Recommended Qualification Standards:
Experience: Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background and credit check.
OP-Careers (Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.