Front Desk Agent - Interviews 4/16/21
Job Title: Guest Services - Front Desk Agent
Job Type: Full time
Reports To: Front Office Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
The moment a guest steps into the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Front Desk Agent, you will create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests and team. You will be at the forefront of guest interaction and set the tone for the guest experience. We are looking for someone who has a passion for serving others and shows a genuine interest in being part of the Team.
- Deliver exceptional arrival and departure experiences.
- Greet and welcome all guests in a professional and hospitable manner. Interact with guests and team members respectfully and cheerfully.
- Be visible in your approach and support the team by being a part of the daily operation.
- Ensure a safe, secure and stimulating environment is provided for team members and guests in the front of house area.
- Proper handling of guest payment and billing, and performing adjustments and refunds when necessary.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of hotel property management system, PBX, and other computer systems used at the Front Desk.
- Answer incoming phone calls in accordance to hotel standards.
- Build relationships and rapport with all guests.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all parking options and charges.
- Apologize and empathize with guests when responding to complaints, and be able to provide appropriate recovery when needed.
- Maintain consistent and robust security related to guest data and valuables and ensure that all standard department procedures are fully adhered to.
- Be informed of all events taking place at the hotel on a daily basis in order to properly prepare reservations for arrival and direct guests to function rooms.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures, including handling of emergency phone calls and what to do in an emergency situation.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Behavior Requirements
The ability to proactively sense and take action on customer needs and opportunities. The willingness to exceed customer expectation.
- Ensure Sheraton Brand Service Standards are delivered appropriately
- Anticipate the needs of the guests and prepare for their arrival
- Focus on ensuring that all team members have the necessary skills and behaviors to deliver exceptional experiences to guests
- Recognize and reward excellence in customer service
- Must maintain a clean and professional appearance and condition
- Must be able to stand for 6-8 hours per shift
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Position requires computer use, answering telephones, and communicating verbally with guests
College degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent experience.
Applicant must reside in commutable market to the Portsmouth area.
The Sheraton Harborside Hotel demands that each employee maintains a positive, clean, and safe working environment at all times. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
401k – after 1 year (Full time only)
PTO – after 1 year (Full time only)
Health Insurance – after 60 days (Full time only)
Daily Employee Meals
Marriott Brand Discounts
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background and credit check.
OP-Careers (Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.