Banquet Server - Interviews 4/16/21
Job Title: Banquet Server
Job Type: Part Time (On Call) and Full Time
We are seeking a friendly and detail orientated applicant to join our team. Banquet servers have an important role providing exceptional service for guests and positively representing the hotel during functions. Banquet servers serve meals to our guests while upholding the Food and Beverage mission statement: “to provide exceptional service and a high quality dining experience.”
To provide exceptional service for a high quality dining experience by serving the guest promptly, efficiently, and courteously as an extension of the Sheraton Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains high standards of food, beverage, and guest service quality
- Greets and seats guests
- Sets up and maintains buffets and food displays
- Maintains clean break and buffet tables during function
- Relays orders to kitchen and serves beverages
- Fulfills guest requests and appropriately perceives when meal has been completed
- Clears and resets tables
- Maintains a clean work and storage area
- Assists in set-up, cleaning, and refreshing of function rooms.
- This position requires bending, stretching, stooping and extensive lifting; on average 30 lbs.
- Must be able to be on your feet up to 6-10 hours per shift
- Must maintain a level of alcohol awareness to be able to enforce and adhere to the laws set by the State of New Hampshire
- Must be able to take instructions and direction from supervisor
- Must be able to perform janitorial duties related to the position, may include heavy lifting and moving of equipment
- Must abide by all hotel policies and procedures as described in the most current copy of the employee handbook
- Must be punctual
Recommended Qualification Standards:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education preferred.
Experience: Previous serving/banquet experience required.
401k – after 1 year (Full time only)
PTO – after 1 year (Full time only)
Health Insurance – after 60 days (Full time only)
Daily Employee Meals
Marriott Brand room discounts
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background and credit check.
OP-Careers (Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.