Housekeeping Management Intern - Interviews 4/9/21
This internship offers a focus on the development of management and operational knowledge and experience in the operation of the housekeeping department within a full service hotel setting.
Available as an internship for fall or spring semester in a part-time capacity and for summer semester for a full-time position.
- Standards training and execution for all housekeeping positions
- Standards auditing
- Room Inspection
- Inventory and Ordering
Responsibilities will include things such as:
· Day-to-Day operation and management of a housekeeping department, including organizing and assigning boards and project work, monitoring progress and running daily meeting.
· Direct leadership of all housekeeping staff to meet established quality and efficiency standards as well as labor and other cost and revenue goals.
· Motivation, development and support of housekeeping staff, including on-going training along with consistent and constructive coaching and counseling for performance that fosters a team spirit.
· Maintenance of a safe, positive work environment.
Exposure to Operational Functions to include/involve:
· Day to day running a shift (opening, closing, etc.)
· Standards training/maintenance/auditing
· Hands on training of hourly associates
· Hiring process
· Scheduling guidelines
· Coaching/documentation for performance improvement
· Inventory/ordering processes
· Payroll process
· Cost management
· Guest relations/issue resolution
· Incident Management
· Safety Program Training and Maintenance
· Accounting processes