Human Rights And Opportunities Trainee
Are you ready to gain skills, knowledge, and experience that will help you develop and have a rewarding and successful career? If so, we encourage you to apply today!
The State of Connecticut, Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO) is currently recruiting for a Human Rights and Opportunities Trainee (HRO Trainee) in their Central Office. This a full-time, first shift, 40 hours per week position located at 450 Columbus Blvd, Hartford, CT 06103.
Who we are:
The mission of the State of Connecticut, Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities is to eliminate discrimination through civil and human rights law enforcement and to establish equal opportunity and justice for all persons within the state through advocacy and education.
The Human Rights and Opportunities Trainee is a two-year training program to develop the vital tools to become a Human Rights and Opportunities Representative.
In this role you will:
- Assists with community engagement programs
- Assists with education and outreach
- Assists with the Agency’s training programs
- Assists with the development and maintenance of Executive Internship Program
- Develops, reviews, implements and monitors specific remedies, programs and projects designed to promote equal opportunity, affirmative action and intergroup relations;
- Develops cooperative law enforcement and compliance liaison activities with community organizations, business and federal, state and local governmental agencies;
- Performs enforcement and investigative work of gradually increasing responsibilities;
- Performs related duties as required;
- Investigates discriminatory practices complaints;
- Reviews state agency affirmative action plans and contractor set-aside plans;
- Requires ability to manage a heavy case load;
- Statewide travel required
We offer a competitive benefits package; excellent health care; generous leave policies; a retirement plan; a deferred compensation program; and more!