Social Media Coordinator (part time)
Here's your opportunity to help make the future better for people with Down syndrome.
Throughout the past 30 years, life has improved for people with Down syndrome. Many enjoy an increased lifespan, benefit from early intervention therapies, inclusion in school and community, and realize new opportunities for independence. The last 10 years have seen a significant increase in momentum in Down syndrome research. But many of the community’s medical and therapeutic needs continue to go unmet.
LuMind IDSC envisions a world where every person with Down syndrome thrives with improved health, independence, and opportunities to reach their fullest potential. LuMind IDSC’s small, dynamic team is working across the U.S. to drive improvements in the lives of people with Down syndrome through accelerated research and the empowerment of individuals and their families.
LuMind IDSC seeks a part time (25 hours) Social Media Coordinator to support our thriving online community. This new position reports to the Director of Marketing and will be locally remote-based, with monthly visits to our Burlington, MA office. The successful candidate will play an operational support role in expanding and systematizing LuMind IDSC’s daily digital marketing activities. LuMind IDSC welcomes more than 275,500 followers and members on our social media and resource-sharing platforms, and we need an experienced social media strategist to operationalize and optimize our paid and organic communications.
The Social Media Coordinator will join a small Marketing team and will interact across departments to improve social media activities and initiatives. LuMind IDSC is a small organization with a big mandate. Our staff work collectively to achieve goals, support each other, and move the organization forward. The Social Media Coordinator must have the confidence necessary for self-direction, and a knack for working collaboratively across the organization.
We're searching for a social media strategist with 2 or more years of experience managing multiple channels and campaigns. Someone who has demonstrated success in setting up processes, adhering to deadlines, and meeting goals, the Social Media Coordinator will have an analytic background. Ideally, the successful candidate will have some agency-side experience, as well as knowledge of the nonprofit environment. This role requires strategic and communication skills, as well as the ability to maximize limited resources.
The successful candidate will:
- Design organic and paid ad social media strategies to achieve organizational and departmental goals
- Coordinate multiple content sources into a workflow that results in reliable, relatable content across all channels
- Coordinate calendars and posting for all organizational social media accounts
- Optimize Google Ads strategy, reporting and tracking, and advise on content
- Set up and maintain a social media management tool (Hootsuite, Sprout, Buffer, or other)
- Work with internal content contributors to achieve a community-based approach to social media channels and appropriate content voice
- Prepare reports on key metrics, and on ROI for paid campaigns
- Monitor engagement and suggest content optimization, other strategies
- Research backlinks and cross posting opportunities to create a strong network of evidence-based resources
- Keep current on social media best practices, make recommendations to adjust strategies accordingly
- Minimum two years professional work experience, preferably in a marketing or communications setting
- Expertise in leading social media campaigns, launching channels, and/or oversight of strategies
- Agency experience a plus (internship counts toward experience)
- Thorough knowledge of social media operations, inbound marketing principles
- Proven ability to use data reporting and data analysis to inform strategy
- Expert knowledge of Facebook Ad Accounts and Business Manager, Google Ads, and Google Analytics
- Strong professional writing skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute to team goals
- Knowledge of and/or connection to the Down syndrome community preferred
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and will be remote-based with occasional office visits. The ideal candidate is based in New England and is a short drive from Burlington, MA.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a part time (25 hour/week) hourly position.
LuMind IDSC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.