Escape Room Host
Monkey Mind Escape Rooms is seeking enthusiastic, dynamic, and quick-learning individuals for the Host position in the hottest entertainment trend in the country! Our Hosts are responsible for guiding our guests through their escape room experience from start to finish! Ideal candidates are fun and reliable with stellar interpersonal skills and have a passion for puzzles and entertainment.
Sample Job Duties:
● Energizing and Motivating Guests. Ensures every guest has a fun and friendly experience
● Merchandising. Hanging out signs, blowing up balloons and opening/closing up the business.
● Verification of booking information and payment information. Collecting payments when
● Enthusiastically engaging with customers before and after adventure, offering refreshments,
directing to bathrooms, etc.
● Upon room success or failure, engage with customers to take pictures, encourage reviews and
offer future play discounts.
● Maintain communication with game masters, swing, management, and guests to ensure that the
reservations flow smoothly.
● Follow opening, closing, cleaning, side work and other required procedures when not actively
engaged with customers.
● Strong customer service instincts. Stellar customer service skills are mandatory.
● Excellent communication skills. Articulate. Gregarious. Public Speaking is mandatory.
● Charismatic & outgoing.
● Time management.
● Good grasp of general technology (email, booking system, point of sale system, camera, texting).
● Weekend availability and occasional weekday availability.
● Need to be able to lift up to 30 lbs., reach, squat, kneel, and climb a ladder.
● Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay range is $12 to $16 an hour. Training wage is $12/hr for approximately 4 to 6 weeks depending on progress and then there will be a movement to a higher hourly wage.
Required to work 1 to 3 shifts every weekend of the year, and at least 1 shift on a weekday during summer vacation and any major school (not college) vacation weeks.
● Retail or hospitality experience (Preferred)
● Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
Monkey Mind Escape Rooms provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.