Information Technology (IT) Summer Intern
In 2019, the PeoplesBank Internship joined Google, Facebook, BMW, Southwest Airlines and more top companies on the WayUp Top 100 Internships Programs list!
Please apply here to be considered for the Information Technology (IT) Department Intern.
• Learn day to day IT Help Desk operations: enter support tickets into tracking system, setup basic computer configuration, printers and other peripheral equipment
• Assist with data cleanup projects
• Microsoft Windows Network tasks
• Introduction to IT security for exposure to best cyber security practices such as firewalls, endpoint protection and security training
• Introduction to IT infrastructure technology including network server setup and maintenance, network switch setup and introduction to Hyper-Convergence system technology used at the bank for storage, processing, compute and backup services
• Attend IT related and IT Steering Committee meetings
Through the PeoplesBank internship experience you will become an integral member of the team that you are assigned to. You will make a direct impact with value-add projects while gaining work experience alongside professional leaders and mentors. In addition to day to day assignments in your department you will participate in bank sponsored events, training, community projects and more. The PeoplesBank Internship Program is an exciting opportunity to get involved, contribute and make a difference.
Schedule: The program is planned to run Monday, June 7th – Friday, August 13th. It is a full time 38-hour work week with a schedule of 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. To make the most of the time with us, there will be no approved time off and eligible candidates must be able to commit to full participation.
Onsite Working: Interns will be expected to be available to work on site at our corporate office at 330 Whitney Avenue in Holyoke, MA.
• Currently enrolled in an academic program of a related field
• Proven academic success as demonstrated through course completion and passing grades
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
• A sincere interest in banking and/or the financial services industry
• Strong work ethic, drive for success, problem solving skills, and ability to work cohesively on a team
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to sort, write and keyboard, and to listen and speak. The associate is frequently required to reach, walk, stoop, crouch. The associate is occasionally required to stand, lift, bend, drive and travel.
Please upload and include: a cover letter, resume, written explanation of your favorite college class and why, and a letter of recommendation from a college professor on your institution’s letterhead.