Monkey Mind Escape Rooms is seeking enthusiastic, dynamic, and quick-learning individuals for the Game Master position in the hottest entertainment trend in the country! Our Game Masters are responsible for engaging our guests, facilitating the live-action escape room experience, and creating an unforgettable adventure for every team. Ideal candidates are fun and reliable with stellar interpersonal skills and are tinkerers that are technically inclined.
Sample Job Duties:
- Captivate guests by providing an enthusiastic and detailed mission briefing.
- Energizing and motivating guests. Ensure every guest has a fun and friendly experience.
- Quickly and accurately reset and clean the room after each group's 60-minute escape.
- Maintain communication with host, swing, management, and guests to ensure that the reservations flow smoothly.
- Actively focus on monitoring all guests in multiple rooms at a time for up to 8 hours without distraction.
- Assist game players with clues, clarification and redirection.
- Follow opening, closing, cleaning, side work and other required procedures when not actively managing a game.
- Creatively and spontaneously resolve issues when they arise.
- Occasionally repair props and/or technology to ensure games run correctly.
- Strong customer service instincts.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills. Articulate. Gregarious. Public speaking is mandatory. A quirky, funny, and/or engaging speaker is an added bonus.
- Must be a team player, willing to assist with miscellaneous tasks when necessary.
- Time management.
- Good grasp of technology and technology troubleshooting.
- Additional skills, not required but favored: Crafting/ building skills, painting, electrical, electronics, etc.
- Weekend availability and occasional weekday availability.
- Need to be able to lift up to 30 lbs., reach, squat, kneel, and climb a ladder.
- Requires sitting for extended periods at a time.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Experience in any of these areas preferred:
- Acting or public speaking (Preferred)
- Guest Services
- Escape Rooms
- Theme Parks / Haunted Houses
- Entertainment / Amusements
- Technical Services
Job Type: Part-time
Pay range is $12 to $16 an hour. Training wage is $12/hr for approximately 4 to 6 weeks depending on progress and then there will be a movement to a higher hourly wage.
Required to work 1 to 3 shifts every weekend of the year, and at least 1 shift on a weekday during summer vacation and any major school (not college) vacation weeks.
Company's Facebook page: