Summer Virtual Operations Intern (Construction/Engineering)
This internship is a summer program based out of multiple office locations within Comcast's West Division. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus engagement, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 10 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics including speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
We are responsible for building the network of the future to ensure our customers have the most reliable and fast network. This provides the backbone for all of Comcast’s exciting products and services – from internet and cable television, to home security – and this year represents about $1B of capital expense! Right now we have a heavy focus on ‘future proofing’ our network. Our team is responsible for process and analytics, training and communication, and intaking new construction jobs. With this scope, we span functions so that the intern will be able to learn about exciting areas, as well as demonstrate and gain skills in:
- Exciting networking technologyLearn what it takes to build out the network, whether it’s proactively adding to our network or reacting to a specific customer request
- Get visibility into surveying a site, designing a solution, and permitting so that we can build
- Analytics and process simplification
At the conclusion of your internship, you may be considered for full-time employment to commence upon successful completion of your degree program.
- Graduation date between December 2021 and August 2022
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable, and media industries
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Ability to relocate post-graduation if offered and accepted a fulltime position
- Must have internet access to perform work virtually
Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences or campus organizations is preferred