COVID Compliance Officer
The COVID Compliance Officer (CCO) will work closely with CSC staff to plan and implement practices throughout our production process that uphold the public health guidelines mandated by the State of Massachusetts, the City of Boston, the Actor’s Equity Association, and any other relevant bodies. We anticipate producing Free Shakespeare on the Common from July 21 to August 8, 2021, on the Boston Common.
· Research and understand COVID protocols and guidelines set out by the State, City, and relevant theater unions.
· Work with Production Manager, Front of House Manager, and CSC staff to develop a site plan on the Boston Common that is COVID safety compliant.
· Work with Stage Manager and artistic team to develop a rehearsal schedule that allows for COVID compliant use of rehearsal space.
· With support from CSC staff, prepare a COVID safety plan to submit to Actor’s Equity Association as part of the CSC season proposal. Adapt plan as necessary to meet AEA requirements.
· Work with Front of House Manager and CSC staff to implement an audience registration and contact-tracing system.
· Attend all rehearsals, performances, and meetings that AEA members are required to attend. Monitor all activity to ensure accountability to the COVID safety plan, and alert CSC team to any infractions immediately.
· Keep careful documentation of all COVID safety activity.
· Coordinate with COVID testing staff to facilitate proper COVID testing and reporting.
· Provide direction and work with specialists to ensure COVID compliance in the audience.
· Supervise any additional staff with responsibilities related to COVID safety, including, for example, the cleaning and disinfecting of high touch areas and props.
Dates of Employment: ASAP – August 15. Prior to rehearsals which begin on June 21, position requires 10-15 hours of remote work per week. During rehearsals and previews (June 21 –July 27), work days are 6 days a week, 8-10 hours per day (afternoons and evenings). During performances (July 28 – August 8), work days are 6 days a week, 4 – 5 hours a day. Dates and times are subject to change.
· Certification and training in COVID compliance required.
· Familiarity with theater production, including rehearsals, production, and audience experience is important.
· Experience with Microsoft Office is helpful.
· Applicants must be able to provide their own laptop for work done during office hours.
· Attention to detail and the ability to maintain calm and focused under pressure are essential.
· Applicants must have a professional demeanor, collaborative spirit, and good sense of humor.
· Experience working in outdoor venues is desirable.
Compensation: $7,000 total salary.
To Apply: E-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “COVID Compliance Officer” in the subject line by May 15, 2021. No phone calls, please.