2021 Summer R&D Intern (Graduate)
Research & Development Intern
It’s time to put what you’ve learned in the classroom to work as a Research & Development Intern. At Reynolds American, Inc., we’re creating a better tomorrow for adult tobacco consumers. This summer, you’ll play a key role in real-world projects, working alongside established professionals who want to help you succeed. That even includes access to our c-suite leadership. Previous Research & Development Interns have made their mark contributing to cross-functional projects focusing on tobacco and regulatory science. Now, you can be next.
- Design and execute dissolution experiments to evaluate the release rate of active compounds from various oral product matrices
- Dissolution sample preparation and Liquid Chromatography /UV VIS quantitation
- Employ use of Empower Software as needed
- Work with other scientists to schedule work and expand understanding of analytical techniques and data processing.
- Communicate results to product developers
- Present your findings to our leadership team
- Relocation to Winston-Salem, NC
- Pursuing a graduate degree (Master’s or Doctorate) with completed coursework in a scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, or related fields
- Basic understanding of analytical techniques such as Liquid Chromatography (LC), UV VIS, Mass Spectrometry
- A competitive salary
- Coverage of summer housing costs
- Company-provided laptop
- Social engagements with the Summer Internship Class
- 401(k) with up to 6% company match
- Free, confidential, personal financial counseling service
Reynolds American Incorporated is transforming the tobacco industry for the better. With a team of driven, insightful people—and a family of iconic brands—we’re redefining how adults consume tobacco in the 21st century. A key part of that is our dedication to diversity, including aiming to increase minority representation in full-time roles by 20% by 2025. Join us and earn the chance to leave your mark on our team—all while advancing your own career with the help of a thriving industry leader
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc.. This position is with RJRT Research and Development.