Operations and Communications Specialist
POSITION: Derry Community Access Media (DerryCAM) is a community media hub based in Derry, NH. We engage and educate the public on how to leverage media and technology to create meaningful content relevant to our times. Our creative, diverse, and passionate staff invest time and energy working to close the digital divide, as well as supporting local schools, government, and non-profit organizations through media production and services. We are currently in search of a creative and energetic person to join our team as a part-time Operations and Communications Specialist. The Specialist will collaborate with leadership and staff to develop and implement communications strategies that promote DerryCAM’s Education, Emerging Media, Television Production, and Engagement Programs, as well as assist with Media Production operations.
SCHEDULE: Up to 29 hours per week with flexibility required to include days, nights, and weekend hours.
STARTING PAY: $15.00 to $18.00 per hour, depending on experience.
DUTIES: The Operations and Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting with all functions of the Town of Derry Public Access Media Center. Primary responsibilities include:
- Project and file management
- Production and operations scheduling
- Development and design of graphical elements for on-presentation
- Assisting community members and maintaining relationships with community organizations and other Town departments
REQUIREMENTS: The Operations and Communications Specialist must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong typing skills.
- Strong organizational and program management skills.
- Ability to use or quickly learn Microsoft Office applications, project management software, computer graphics applications, and other tolls of the trade.