Math Teacher 9-12
Vermont Academy seeks a math teacher with a broad familiarity and experience with high school math. We currently offer a traditional high school math sequence, from introductory algebra to AP-level statistics and calculus. The ideal candidate will be able to teach a range of courses, though candidates with a background in statistics, mathematical modeling, or coding will get special consideration. We seek an innovative teacher with excellent interpersonal skills, organizational ability, and an enthusiasm for working with adolescents to teach four to five academic sections, be a part of the residential life program, lead or coach an after-school activity, and be an academic advisor.
• Teach four to five sections of math
• Live in, or serve as an affiliate to one of the Academy’s dormitories
• Monthly weekend duty
• Coach or supervise an activity during two seasons
• Serve as an academic advisor
• Acquire, with the school’s help, a Type II van license
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Employment decisions are made at Vermont Academy without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Interested parties should submit a resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.