Administrative Assistant, Grad Art
Graduate Program in the History of Art
The Graduate Program in the History of Art (Grad Art) seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant (approximately 18 hrs/wk, 11 months/yr). Reporting to the Program Administrator, the Administrative Assistant will support all aspects of Grad Art operations and interface with Williams College Faculty, Clark Art Institute employees, and large numbers of graduate students. We seek an outgoing candidate who will enjoy working with these collaborators, as well as with our students, alumni, families and visitors. The ideal candidate will foster administrative relationships and have strong organizational and communication skills. We seek a candidate committed to administrative innovation and problem-solving who is prepared to identify and embrace new technologies in support of Grad Art.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should have an interest in the arts, experience in events management, and relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community.
- Maintain, update, and monitor program website, department calendar, and associated communications
- Coordinate and schedule meetings around the student thesis process and related academic events
- Organize, coordinate, schedule, and monitor all aspects of program events including annual symposium, visiting days, orientation, and allied academic functions
- Correspond with visiting students and prospective applicants, organize prospective student applications, monitor admissions files
- Process payments/invoices including student reimbursements for research, travel, and other academic expenses funded by the graduate program
- Coordinate correspondence around annual appeal, alumni events, and other external events including working with staff to develop content for our email newsletter and managing its circulation
- Assist in the scheduling of Grad Art curriculum using Williams College curricular management software
- Work collegially with program partners and supporting units at the College, the Clark, MASS MoCA, and other arts institutions relevant to the graduate program and its alumni
- May include occasional nights and weekends
- Demonstrated interest in the arts through prior experience or education
- A minimum of one year administrative experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential, as are organizational and multitasking skills
- Ready to identify and embrace new technologies in support of Grad Art, including learning how to update and maintain websites.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferred. Must have strong skills in social media platforms and digital communications
- Administrative skills to process large numbers of detailed reimbursements.
- Ability to work and troubleshoot effectively both as a member of a team and independently
- Comfortable meeting and engaging prospective students, students' families, visiting Clark scholars, and other regular visitors
This is a part-time appointment: approximately 18 hours per week over 11 months/year. Pay starts at $18/hour, commensurate with experience. Job band 17.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.