Disclosure Support Fellow
Who we are
At CDP, we are on a mission to solve our planet’s biggest environmental challenges: climate change, water scarcity and deforestation. We believe you can’t manage what you don’t measure – so we run the world’s largest environmental disclosure system. For the past two decades, our team has worked tirelessly to create a thriving economy that works for people and planet in the long term – we accomplish this by engaging the global actors who wield the greatest influence in driving environmental change: companies, cities, governments and the capital markets.
CDP’s cascading global impact is powered by our tight-knit team of smart, savvy, curious and committed individuals, who share a common passion for creating a sustainable future. It is our people who make our work possible. And we provide our people with a working environment that empowers each individual to reach their full potential: one that is committed to equity; one that provides equal access for growth and development; and one that supports each individual throughout the full employee life cycle.
CDP North America is seeking an organized, driven individual for a fast-paced fellowship program. The fellowship is based out of CDP’s New York City office but will be remote until further notice. This fellow will be integral in managing the support inbox for disclosing corporations – which comprise North American organizations with the largest environmental impact - and collaborating with team members to execute tasks necessary for the shared success of the team. Likewise, the fellow should understand a variety of sustainability topics including natural resource disclosure, corporate sustainability, supply chain sustainability, socially responsible investing and carbon accounting. The fellow will develop expertise in the business implications of climate change, water use and/or deforestation across a range of companies.
Who you are
o You are a highly driven, self-motivated, meticulous individual with academic or professional experience in sustainability, environmental sciences and/or corporate affairs.
o You are passionate about mitigating the climate crisis, reduce deforestation, and improve water security through direct corporate action and engagement.
o You have a keen interest in environmental corporate reporting and disclosure
o You can effectively frame and communicate complex ideas and perform well under pressure.
o You bring a sense of purpose and excitement to the work you do and are eager to translate your passion into actionable results
o You have great attention to detail and great organizational and time management skills.
o You can meet deadlines under pressure.
o You are proficient with MS Office 365.
o You will manage the support inbox to provide key information to new and previously responding companies, helping to secure participation in CDP programs (Climate Change, Water Security and/or Forests).
o You will provide customer support to disclosing companies through communication and problem solving.
o You will work with global disclosure support colleagues around the world to ensure CDP delivers high quality and timely responses to company queries.
o You have relevant or transferrable academic and/or professional experience in a related subject
o The ability to come up to speed on technical information quickly and independently and be able to communicate complex information in a digestible way with an understanding of the broader implications
o Strong writing skills: must be able to accurately impart information in a concise yet comprehensive manner
o Compensation. The fellowship is paid. Duration is June through end of August. Hourly commitment is 20 hours per week. Hours will vary depending on demand, but fellows are required to work at least three mornings (eastern time) per week.
- Learning and career growth. We are committed to the growth and development of each individual team member. We offer continuous learning opportunities and training, and we even provide employees with an annual budget for personal development.
- Future planning: We know it is important to plan for the future. We provide our employees with both a non-contributory 401K, and an optional additional contributory 401K. We also offer life insurance.
- Fun. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves (too) seriously. We regularly take time out for fun and festivities, from all-staff retreats, to happy hours, to summer outings and an end-of-year holiday celebration!
- Fellows will be welcome to apply for any full-time positions that may arise during the fellowship.
Are you interested in joining our mission? Please apply!
- To apply. Email your CV and a cover letter detailing why you’re a strong fit for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Disclosure Support Fellow – [First Name Last Name]” in the subject line. Please apply before June 21.
- Before you apply: We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your resume and cover letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
- The fine print. We love and value our global employees. For this role, all interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the U.S.
CDP North America is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility both within our workplace and across our larger organizational impact. Candidates of color and/or from marginalized backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply for this role.