Staff Accountant - Associate I
Staff Accountant – Associate I
Albin, Randall & Bennett (ARB), a full-service certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in Portland, Maine, is seeking bright and highly motivated individuals interested in a rewarding career in public accounting. Join our team of professionals and receive the training necessary to work with our clients on a wide range of accounting and tax engagements, and eventually become a trusted advisor. Our clients include high net worth individuals and a wide variety of industries including auto dealers, credit unions, construction contractors, manufacturers, nonprofit organizations and other closely-held businesses.
Primary duties will include:
· Preparation of individual income tax returns as well as corporation, partnership and other tax returns.
· Perform the principal auditing functions in a progression of assignments. Preparation of audit, review, and compilation workpapers and financial statements, as well as other attest and consulting assignments.
· The work performed, while subject to review and supervision requires consistent exercise of discretion and judgment. Staff accountants are expected to be professional in appearance, dress, and in communicating with clients, prospective clients, and other members of the firm.
· Gain practical experience in both auditing and tax to determine your career path!
· Opportunity to direct your own career path
· ARB invests heavily in continuing professional education (CPE) & formal training in audit, tax and our niche industries
· Join a welcoming and supportive company culture
· Competitive compensation package
· And much more – visit our website at www.arbcpa.com and follow us on Instagram @arbcpa
Accounting majors/minors are encouraged to apply. Expected start date will be Winter or Fall 2022.
Requirements to apply:
· Graduation by expected start date
· A GPA of 3.0 or better is desired
Please submit cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript to Kathleen Alimandi at firstname.lastname@example.org