Remote Grading Assistant/Writing Tutor
Do you want to make a difference from the comfort of your own home? Join Marco Learning as a virtual grading assistant to help teachers and students across the nation. As a “Grader,” you will read, score, and provide personalized feedback on middle and high-school student writing. This is a 100% remote, paid part-time opportunity. All you need is a laptop and wifi.
Why become a Grader?
- The work is flexible and convenient. Choose assignments you’re interested in, work any time of day, and pick up as many projects as you like. As a guideline, Graders should plan to work 6+ hours a week on average.
- This is a paid opportunity. Pay per project typically ranges from $30-80. Base pay starts at $10 per hour with opportunities for pay increases based on experience and special qualifications.
- You can make an impact on students and teachers by joining our online community of Graders that serve hundreds of K-12 students and teachers across the country.
- You’ll receive ongoing professional development and coaching to build your feedback and professional skills.
What Graders are saying: “It's incredibly fulfilling to me to work as a Grader. Not only am I able to apply my love of writing to a job, but I am also playing an instrumental role in helping students learn to write well.” -Mariel O., Grader
You will excel as a Grader if you are:
- A strong writer--since you’ll be providing written feedback to students and teachers, strong written communication skills are a must.
- Passionate about helping students learn--competitive applicants often have experience tutoring or volunteering with students
- Dependable and communicative--You can be counted on to follow through on commitments, meet deadlines, and communicate with Marco Learning staff and teachers to get questions answered and ensure quality, on-time work.
- Able to grade regularly--Regular grading is win-win. Teachers receive more consistent grading and feedback from more experienced Graders, and you build your skills and efficiency with more practice. You should aim to grade 4 assignments per month on average (roughly 1 per week).
- Go to https://marcolearning.com/become-a-grader/ to start your application
- Complete a Grader Application Activity and share a writing sample
- Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis, and qualified candidates will be accepted into the network!
Lindsey Bradley, Grader Recruitment and Development Manager
WHO WE ARE
Marco Learning supports more than 70,000 students every year through school-based programs that provide detailed personalized feedback on student writing. As a Grader, you join an exclusive network of highly-qualified, remote teaching assistants. You are responsible for delivering complete, high-quality feedback and accurate grading for all assignments on time. We know that high-quality, timely feedback can have a significant impact on student learning, so when you succeed, students succeed.
OUR STATEMENT OF EQUITY AND ACCESS
Marco Learning is committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything that we make, say, and do. We understand the importance of representation and strive to build a community representative of the students we’re serving. We aim to amplify the voices that may not traditionally be heard in this space.
We are proud to consider all applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here.