Vicarious Surgical is hiring a visual designer to join our team in Waltham, MA. This position will be responsible for creating, refining, and specifying screen UI features, as well as evolving and championing the Vicarious Surgical brand.
Vicarious Surgical’s novel approach to surgery uses a combination of proprietary, human-like surgical robots and virtual reality to transport surgeons inside the patient when performing minimally invasive surgery. Our technology was granted Breakthrough Device Designation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which provides unique opportunities for our regulatory pathway.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced visual design professional to join our company at a very exciting time and be a key member of a team that will bring our robotic solution to the market, offering a cost-effective path to improving patient outcomes and increasing the efficiency of surgical procedures for hospitals.
- Partner with our brand, product design, and engineering teams to develop the visual design of our product
- Create a range of deliverables, from high-fidelity UI and icons to written process and documentation
- Formalize our design component library and help establish criteria to govern its use, adoption, and evolution that are adoptable across teams
- Lead creative and visual design across multiple platforms (3D screen, touchscreen, VR) that will differentiate Vicarious Surgical
- 3+ years of design experience at a relevant tech company
- Portfolio that demonstrates your work and process in building out scalable design systems
- Excellent visual and typographic sensibility
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and drive design excellence with design, creative, technology and product partners
- Expertise in prototyping to test and demonstrate interactions, flows and component functionality
- Knowledge of processes and workflows around governance and maintenance of large-scale design systems
- A deep understanding of the elements of design including web, typography, layout, balance and proportion
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and an understanding of 3D UI
- Familiarity with Unity is a plus
- Experience in UX design a plus