Sport Management Brand Activation Internship
We are looking for engaging and professional brand activation specialists that will work with sponsors and fans, at various skiing and snowboarding competitions throughout the winter season. Key responsibilities include developing an understanding of sponsor development, executing sport events and competitions, and increase marketing and communications competencies, while working as part of a fun team to execute competitions at mountains in VT, MA, ME, NH, NY and PA.
The ability or willingness to learn how to communicate effectively and engage fans and sponsors at events is a critical component of this role. You’ll be part of the team that performs the required operations to setup, run and break down VC events all winter long. You’ll have a passion for making a positive impact on our racers and fans, our sponsors, and the Make-A-Wish foundation that we support.
You must love WINTER! We are outside on the mountains for the duration of our events and need folks who don't mind being outside and interacting with our fans. We provide:
· Work/winter attire
· Transportation from our warehouse or office to the event location
· Accommodations at the mountains
· Meals while traveling are covered
· Generous hourly compensation
The season for these events runs from January 8th through mid-April. Individuals are not expected to work every weekend and will be slotted to work with the events based upon needs and the individuals’ schedule.
Intern Learning Objectives:
- Develop an understanding of sponsor relationships and brand activation events focused on engaging VC’s fan base and to meeting their needs/fulfill their wants
- Develop videos and content for posting on social media, sharing with fans and sponsors, and developing a library of materials that can be used for future promotions and events
- Increase communication skills through face-to-face fan interaction with fans, sponsors and with the operations and marketing teams
- Understand event management and execution by supporting the setup, breakdown, and management for the ski/snowboard competition series
- Increase understanding of how to identify potential sponsors, build and manage relationships and deliver brand activation strategies for sponsors at competitions
- Curate a deeper understanding how event marketing is executed in the sports industry, including marketing, sponsorship and fan development and contract fulfillment