Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) has an immediate career opening for an Assistant Librarian. This opening is located at IDA's Center for Communications Research in Princeton, New Jersey (CCRP). IDA offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a rewarding working environment.
- Researches requests for interlibrary loan and orders materials.
- Orders new books as requested by staff.
- Inspects and verifies invoices of books and other materials received against purchase orders.
- Prepares monthly Library purchasing credit card reconciliation.
- Initiates the check-in process for all library materials received.
- Performs copy cataloging for new and donated library acquisitions.
- Shelves materials and performs weeding of the collection as needed.
- Assists in library outreach efforts.
- Maintains circulation records for the physical collection
- Assists Library Administrator as needed.
- May be tasked to assist in administrative duties on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Library Science or similar field
- Two years' library experience
- Working knowledge of library services, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of reference tools and computer research systems and familiarity with the terminology used in technical and scientific disciplines
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearance
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer