Program Analyst Student Trainee
This is a developmental position in the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). You will have the opportunity to work in one of the FHWA Offices and will assist higher-level staff with support in the coordination, facilitation, and implementation of the operations in the office to which they are assigned. This position will provide an opportunity to be exposed to and to participate in activities, innovations, and challenges facing the transportation industry today.
The Program Analyst Student Trainee will:
- Assist in the development of documents, such as correspondence, memoranda, research-based papers, reports, justifications, forms, briefings, logs, graphs, charts, and other data to be used by transportation officials in defining transportation challenges and recommending options and potential solutions.
- Assist management in collecting, organizing, and maintaining program and/or functional documentation and materials.
- Perform a variety of program support functions, such as inputting, assigning, maintaining, monitoring, or updating work status and records as well as administering and performing other support activities.
- Use various types of office automation equipment to support the supervisor and/or senior staff in accomplishing support functions.
- Proofread documents, correspondence, reports, and other records to ensure clear and concise information, grammar, and formatting prior to dissemination.
The primary goal is for the intern to develop a progressive proficiency in a variety of duties in support of the program.