Retail Sales Associate
What's cool about this job
You will serve on a team whose job is to help REI, the nation’s largest consumer co-op, engage with all of its audiences. You will contribute to the success of REI by processing purchase transactions, selling memberships and other REI products and services to customers, supporting our 100% satisfaction guarantee by processing customer returns, and completing other unique customer service functions. You will maintain a working knowledge of REI products and services and use this knowledge to sell products, services, and memberships to our customers. You help to maintain the store visual standards and assist in keeping the floor stocked with merchandise. REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, and integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI.
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries and customer feedback.
- Effectively helps to prepare the store: maintains and stocks work areas making sure all items are accurately priced.
- Works with store management, visual merchandising point person, and Sales Leads to maintain visual standards.
- Promotes the sale of REI goods and services as well as engaging in the steps of REI’s Sales and Service Training.
- Provide customers with product, membership and service information including but not limited to the REI Mastercard program.
- Processes purchase, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with REI’s 100% satisfaction guarantee. Collect payment for goods, make change, and distribute receipts.
- Performs unique transactions such as special orders, Outdoor School registration, special ticket sales, and store mail-outs.
- Identifies, research, and resolve customer issues.
- Supports Retail Store Pick-Up by assisting with the receipt of product from truck and processing customer pick-up.
- Maintains customer and employee hold area by keeping the area organized and removing items that are beyond the hold dates.
- Additional duties as assigned