2022 Restructuring Summer Analyst – Miller Buckfire, a Stifel Company – New York
Miller Buckfire, a Stifel Company – 2022 Restructuring Summer Analyst – New York
Miller Buckfire, a Stifel Company, is a restructuring boutique with an outstanding track record of providing objective and thoughtful advice in financial restructurings, recapitalizations and other high-stakes situations. Based in New York, the firm’s professionals have a 20+ year history of providing objective and thoughtful advice to companies, creditors, shareholders, sponsors and other key stakeholders. Miller Buckfire professionals have deep experience managing complex transactions across industries and geographies, and they pride themselves on differentiated service characterized by intellect, creativity and hands-on involvement.
The professionals at Miller Buckfire work seamlessly with Stifel industry bankers to provide clients access to the full spectrum of strategic alternatives. Most of our transactions are completed out-of-court, and frequently our involvement is undisclosed. As a group, Miller Buckfire’s professionals have represented more than 190 companies, restructured approximately $420 billion of debt, advised on mergers and acquisitions valued at over $21 billion and raised over $61 billion in financing.
Miller Buckfire has a long track record with:
- Renegotiating credit facilities
- Obtaining covenant waivers and amendments
- Consummating exchange offers, tender offers and consent solicitations
- Raising capital (bank loans, second lien, DIP financings, high yield, mezzanine loans, private equity and strategic investments)
- Selling non-core assets or entire companies
- Effectuating cross border and international restructurings
- Providing expert valuation and related testimony
- Pre-packaged / pre-arranged chapter 11 cases
- Traditional restructurings under chapter 11
Past and current clients include: AMF Bowling, Calpine, Dana Corp, City of Detroit, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico creditors, Caesars Entertainment creditors, Excel Maritime, General Growth Properties, GNC creditors, Gymboree, Huntsman Corp, Kmart, Lear Corp, Lehman Brothers Inc., Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation (Foxwoods), OSI Restaurants (Outback Steakhouse), Polaroid, Reader’s Digest Association, Simmons Bedding, Sirius Satellite Radio, The Spiegel Group (Eddie Bauer), Sunbeam Corporation, Tuesday Morning and Vonage.
Position Description: Restructuring Summer Analyst Program
Miller Buckfire’s New York-based Summer Analyst Program provides undergraduates with a hands-on introduction to the role of an Analyst in Restructuring. Summer Analysts at Miller Buckfire develop the skills necessary to carry them through the next level of their career.
The Summer Analyst internship program is designed to support students’ potential. Summer Analysts participate in a robust training program during the first week of the internship. Additionally, the program is structured to provide each Summer Analyst with the support needed for a successful summer. There is a formal mentorship program, social networking events, mid and end of summer reviews, and significant learning opportunities outside of your day-to-day projects.
A Summer Analyst’s specific responsibilities may include conducting industry research, building financial models to analyze company projections or potential transactions, drafting client presentation materials, and participating in client calls or meetings.
The primary role of the Summer Analyst includes:
• Preparing presentation materials such as PowerPoint slides and summaries for pitchbooks
• Performing in-depth quantitative financial analyses and modeling
• Contributing to team meetings and discussions
• Conducting industry research and building out industry databases
• Analyzing and researching companies in a wide range of industries
Summer Analyst candidates should possess outstanding academic records and have demonstrated strong leadership ability through involvement in extracurricular endeavors such as student government, athletics, and cultural and entrepreneurial activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Disciplined work ethic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous project deadlines
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Significant exposure to finance and accounting
• Experience with financial modeling and analysis preferred
• Ability to work in teams
• Highly-motivated and energetic
• Must be graduating in 2023
Additional Information & Next Steps
Please learn more about our firm by using the following website links:
Stifel Company Information
Stifel Financial Corp. (NYSE: SF) is a financial services holding company headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, that conducts its banking, securities, and financial services business through several wholly owned subsidiaries. Stifel’s broker-dealer clients are served in the United States through Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated, including its Eaton Partners business division, Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, Inc., Century Securities Associates, Inc., Miller Buckfire & Co., LLC and MainFirst Securities US Inc., each of which is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC and members of FINRA. The Company’s broker-dealer affiliates provide securities brokerage, investment banking, trading, investment advisory, and related financial services to individual investors, professional money managers, businesses, and municipalities. To learn more about Stifel, please visit the Company’s website at www.stifel.com.