Supplier Quality Engineer
Watts is looking for a Supplier Quality to be a key contribution that continually improve the Watts Water Technologies supplier base. The Supplier Quality Engineer is expected to accomplish this by helping drive supplier improvement efforts utilizing Watt’s internal departments, Supplier Quality staffs at Watts manufacturing sites and by working directly with Watts suppliers. The Supplier Quality Engineer takes care of all supplier data including all elements of supplier surveillance, maintains the accuracy & completeness of the supplier quality database, maintains supplier metrics (i.e. the supplier scorecard), updates/maintains the supplier quality manual, supplier risk management and ensures there is proper alignment of supplier surveillance inspections between the sites and our suppliers. The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will be a key contributor to the Watts supplier quality management process and will act as the primary contact with regional suppliers on all quality related issues during both the supplier maintenance and supplier selection process. Area of focus is in the plastics quality supply commodities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supplier management activities, interactions, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide supplier related support to production and receiving inspection teams and will lead to resolve any non-conformity that is resulted due to supplier performance.
- Monitoring parts from acquisition through the inspection and manufacturing cycle, and is responsible to communicate and resolve supplier-related process problems as they occur through the MRB process.
- Participates in selection of suppliers in the design and development phase as well as the production phase to ensure that the supplier's current and future capabilities will meet the company's needs.
- Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure GMP's, ISO, and company's quality standards are met.
- Act as the supplier quality representative on design and development teams, and ensures that the supplier selection process is followed in accordance to the company guidelines.
- Conduct supplier scorecard review to assess suppliers on their ability to meet quality, delivery, and service levels.
- Conduct supplier audits and ensure supplier implements and maintains any resulting corrective action program, through the SCAR program, and ensure timely closure of SCARs by suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline
- This position has no direct reports.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of quality engineering experience in industry is required
- Minimum of 50% travel required
- Experience with Supplier Quality and Quality System requirements in industry is required
- Lead auditor training with previous auditing experience required
- Certified Quality Engineer is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality/continuous improvement tools such as statistics, DOE is preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO/QS 9000 quality systems
- Working knowledge of product qualification testing, inspection tools and equipment, and supplier quality activities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint including developing graphs and presentations required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment. OR
- Work in manufacturing environment.
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting. OR
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the manufacturing setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.