Environmental Protection Specialist Student Trainee
The Student Trainee (Environmental Protection Specialist) Pathways Intern will:
- Guides Federal laws, regulations, Executive Orders, and directives related to social, economic, and environmental considerations applicable to the Federal-aid Highway program
- Provides guidance and technical assistance to Federal Highway Administration personnel of unique environmental concerns or circumstances
- Assists in updating, developing, and maintaining policy and procedures for all interdisciplinary environmental issues in transportation programs
- Participates with other Federal and State environmental agencies on pertinent environmental concerns relative to highway issues
- Reviews and assists in processing environmental documents for Federal-aid transportation projects or actions
- Demonstrates and promotes new environmental processes, procedures, techniques, and technology to the State, local agencies, and other groups.
The ideal candidate for this position is a student with a background in transportation and water quality, including storm-water runoff, floodplain and storm-water management, mitigation, and understanding the National Environmental Policy Act and other environmental laws.