Social Media Assistant
Become part of the UNH Housing Team! We are looking for a creative and professional Social Media Assistant. The ideal candidate is a motivated, resourceful, and tech-savvy student with a great attitude to contribute to the positive environment and welcoming image at the Housing Department.
We are excited you are considering this opportunity as a part of your UNH experience, and we look forward to reviewing your application!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Marketing Operations Specialist to help plan, create, design, and implement social media marketing postings, campaigns, programs, and events.
- Oversee all UNH Housing social media accounts – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest as well as social media management platforms and publishing dashboards (such as Hootsuite).
- Participate or visit events on-campus to take pictures for marketing purposes.
- Manage regular posting schedules and adhere to deadlines.
- Assist in the planning and set up for larger events and resource fairs.
- Develop strategies to increase followership and engagement.
- Review analytics to assess success and recommend improvements for the future.
- Track comments that need to be answered on social media.
- Possess functional knowledge of social media principles, and practices.
- Attend staff meetings and one-on-one meetings.
- Duties as assigned.
This position is primarily on-campus with the potential of some remote work. The position has an expected 8 to 12 hours of work a week.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Base knowledge in platforms and programs such as Canva, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adhere to university brand standards and divisional marketing practices.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work under time sensitive deadlines.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled at the University of New Hampshire.