2022 - Full Time Analyst/Assistant Vice President - Group Financial Security
The Management of BNP Paribas is committed to ensuring compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Embargo & Sanctions rules within the entire Group. In this context, Group Compliance has decided to have a strong and permanent set-up within the US: Group Financial Security US (“GFS US”). The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with US Sanctions.
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to US Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs.
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group.
- Providing advice on situations linked to US Sanctions across the Group.
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the US Sanctions – related alerts.
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against sanctions/embargo lists.
- Risk assessment of the Group’s branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight.
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms issued by GFS-US.
The Analyst / Assistant Vice President in the AATP will rotate among approximately five teams within GFS US for their first two years in the department, after which, they will be permanently placed in one of the teams. The GFS US teams include OFAC Alerts & Investigations (OAI), OFAC Sanctions Advisory (OSA), On-Site Controls (OSC), Regulatory Affairs (RA), and Risk Oversight (RO).
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character, upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards
- Entry of escalated transaction data and other reports into internal case management systems.
- Assisting in the process of drafting sanctions notices relating to OFAC developments and regulatory changes.
- Assisting in research projects into potential sanctions targets.
- Assisting in other daily tasks as assigned to enhance the individual’s knowledge of OFAC sanctions and the investigation process.
- Perform analysis of existing and prospective counterparties and their beneficial owners for U.S. sanctions related risks.
- Review of relevant KYC information, including beneficial owners, products/services offered, industry, jurisdiction, and negative news, regarding business relationships under review.
- Map business relationships across business lines within the BNPP Group.
- Standardize P&P terminology; establish issuance of Sanctions Notices and Guidance memos for clarification of Sanctions topics.
- Join On Site Control target review for up to eight weeks at the end of the initial two year rotations.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our programs are a springboard for recent college graduates to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
The AATP is highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2021 – Spring 2022
- All majors accepted
- Undergraduate degree in finance or business related majors and Master degree in financial security or international relations preferred
- Internship experience in a banking environment
- Experience in Compliance with in depth knowledge of Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering regime is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of banking products & services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively to a wide spectrum of external and internal audiences, including senior executives
- French language skills a plus
- Experienced at distilling bank policies and procedures to produce training materials
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to drive multiple initiatives to completion simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to embody firm values
- Knowledge of BNP Paribas Group activities and organization a plus
WHAT DOES OUR ANALYST & ASSOCIATE TRAINING PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP) is designed to equip you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
As an AATP, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area of the bank you are joining, you will be part of an award-winning team of specialists who work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Throughout the first two years of the Training Program, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will give you the tools to succeed and allow you to network with your AATP class across all business divisions
- Have a dedicated Program Partner who will act as your go-to resource, as well as a dedicated senior business leader specifically aligned to champion the success of your class
- Participate in senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to network with colleagues and gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets
- Learn about industry topics through ongoing workshops and trainings as part of a bespoke AATP curriculum, as well as philanthropic and social events
- Be placed on a fast-track career trajectory with the opportunity for both lateral and upward mobility
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.