Customer Care & Support Representative - Part Time (4 openings)
This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
- Provides a variety of customer services through mail, telephone and personal contacts.
- Provides usage and service information and processes orders.
- Resolves customer questions, complaints and requests, which may involve policy interpretation based on knowledge of the organization, products, and related services and policies.
- Processes adjustments in orders and billing.
- Serves as a liaison between customers and departments.
- Sets up new accounts and maintain records on customer accounts, credit risks, and delinquent accounts.
- Performs wide variety of credit and collection functions.
- Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages.
- Requires effective verbal communication skills and strict confidentiality to assure customer’s right to privacy.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Post-Secondary education desired
- One year or more of directly related customer service experience.
- This position will report regularly in person to the Duluth, MN office.
- This position varies from 24 (Winter Season) to 40 hours per week. Subject to change depending on business needs.
- Weekly schedules may vary and may include week days until 7:00 PM and Saturdays.
- Weekly schedules are subject to change based on business need.
- This position has a starting wage of $23.17 per hour and is eligible for union contracted increases. Pay progression slotting is dependent upon job related experience.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.