Registered Professional Nurse
Registered Professional Nurse (Per Diem)
Location Middletown, CT
Date Opened 5/7/2022 12:00:00 AM
Salary$52.45 per hour
Job Type Open to the Public
Close Date5/16/2022 11:59:00 PM
Are you an experienced registered nurse interested in a career where you can make a difference, do what you are passionate about and receive personal fulfillment?
If so, then the Albert J. Solnit Children’s Center is looking for you to become part of their team!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Children and Families (DCF) is accepting applications for an anticipated per diem Nurse vacancy. This role may also include charge responsibilities. Hours of work include all shifts, weekends and holidays. A minimum number of shifts per pay period as well as identified holidays are required to meet scheduling expectations.
The Albert J. Solnit Children's Center – South Campus is a state-administered Psychiatric facility for Connecticut’s children who are under the age of eighteen, located on a 67-acre campus at 915 River Road, Middletown, CT 06457.
The center provides comprehensive care to children and adolescents with severe mental illness and related behavior and emotional problems who cannot be safely assessed or treated in a less restrictive setting. The south campus consists of four co-ed hospital units and three female adolescent psychiatric residential treatment facility cottages (PRTF). The Solnit Center facilities support our dedication to helping youth improve their individual and social competencies.
We encourage you to consider the following testimonial from a registered nurse working in our facilities:
"...You see the sickest most vulnerable youth that have been through all types of treatments but are still at great risk...I try to be their strength, I try to be their voice, I try to be that adult they can count on and try to be hope that can better their life even if just for a moment. There is something about seeing a kid smile that hasn't in a long time, trust that never has or have hope again because you were just there for them." -Chris, RN
We hope you take this opportunity to further your career and make an impact!
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system. Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- This position may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID 19 Vaccination Immunization.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Important steps after you apply:
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
Connect with us:
- If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jasmyn Raymond, Jasmyn.Raymond@ct.gov.
- Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state hospital or facility, works on a daily or hourly basis as a regular registered nurse, providing direct professional nursing care to a variety of individuals.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Acts as a nurse working on a per diem/hourly basis; makes rounds and gives direct care; takes and records vital signs; carries out physicians orders regarding diet, medication, and treatment; changes dressings; checks and distributes narcotics; maintains availability of drugs and supplies; observes adequacy of housekeeping and maintenance services; performs first aid and alerts physicians to emergency conditions; records observations of physical and physiological status and actions taken; confers with nurses and physicians on other shifts regarding condition of individuals; protects human and civil rights of individuals and staff; educates individuals and their families towards an awareness and understanding of health and illness; assesses individuals medical-psychosocial needs; may participate in outpatient clinics and assist in physical examinations and histories; may administer EKG and eye examinations; may participate in bathing and feeding of individuals and residents; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles and practices of nursing; considerable interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a current license or temporary permit to practice professional nursing in Connecticut.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to be fluent in a foreign language or proficient in the use of American Sign Language in certain designated positions.
In addition to the checking of references and of facts stated in the application, a thorough background investigation of each candidate may be made before persons are certified for permanent appointment.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift and restrain individuals; may have exposure to communicable/infectious diseases and to risk of injury from assaultive/abusive individuals; may be exposed to disagreeable conditions.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.