Recreation Leader III, Facility Reservation Office Support - PTS
The City of Santa Clarita has two part-time/seasonal (PTS) positions available in the Arts and Events division. Under the leadership of the Arts and Events Supervisor and Coordinator, this position will assist the Facility Reservations team in providing a wide range of clerical support and customer service for reservations at various facilities. This position will work in an office environment and visit various facilities within the City, work up to 20 hours a week, and work varied hours including occasional nights, weekends, and holidays.
• 3-4 days per week
• 3-4 hours per day (16-20 hours per week)
• Schedule is flexible (days/hours vary and could include some weekends)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide clerical support for employees in the Facility Reservations Office, including answering incoming phone calls; receiving, sorting, and processing mail; maintaining calendars, and scheduling and setting up for meetings
• Utilizes the City’s calendar software to check availability, monitor pending reservations, process payments, and issue refunds
• Develop and prepares marketing content for a variety of platforms, including Santa Clarita venues' website, flyers, and more, as well as capture photos and videos of reservations at various locations
• Maintains a variety of general office files, prepares, proofs, prints, and distributes various documents and electronic forms as needed
• Utilizes various software programs, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Operates personal and/or City vehicle to drive to various locations throughout the City
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Two years of experience providing general clerical support experience in customer-service-oriented environment
• Valid California Driver’s License required
• At least one-year college course work in a related field is highly desirable
• At least one year of marketing and/or experience working with reservations is highly desirable
• Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with constant interruptions and changing priorities and the ability to produce work that is accurate, thorough, and complete
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks in an effective and timely manner
• Ability to perform general office duties relevant to the program
• Strong customer skills and the ability to provide excellent customer service to employees and the public, including the ability to handle conflicts and complaints
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and the ability to learn and use new software programs and equipment for developing content
• Strong social media skills and the ability to be creative and develop content for marketing
• Knowledge of basic math, business English, spelling, and a strong understanding of grammar and punctuation rules; and the ability to correctly proofread and edit correspondence
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and positively (both orally and in writing)
• Self-motivated and the ability to work both independently and as part of a cohesive work team
• Ability to make sound decisions within established guidelines and be a creative problem solver
• Strong work ethic, proactive, and a quick learner
• Ability to follow and enforce City policies as they relate to the health, behavior, and safety of others
• Ability to drive a vehicle and travel to various City facilities as needed
• Ability to work flexible hours and a varied schedule
• Ability to lift, drag, and push files, paper, documents, and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds may be required; position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, etc.
An online completed City application form is required to apply for this position. All employment information must be provided on the application. Providing a resume is not a substitute for completing this section of the application. Applications left incomplete or with a reference to attachments may be rejected.
All offers of employment with the City of Santa Clarita are made contingent upon receipt of proof of legal right to work in the United States and successful completion of a post-offer pre-employment physical, including a drug screen, and Department of Justice fingerprinting. Criminal offender information will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The City uses the E-Verify program to electronically confirm the work authorization of newly hired employees.
As a City of Santa Clarita public employee, you may be called upon to work as a Disaster Service Worker (DSW) in the event of an emergency (in accordance with Government Code §§ 3100-3109). Before entering upon the duties of employment, all public employees, except those excluded by law, take and subscribe to an oath or affirmation set forth in the California Constitution, declaring them to be Disaster Service Workers in time of need.
In addition, part-time, temporary, and seasonal (PTS) workers may be required to participate in the DMV Employer Pull-Notice Program. This program authorizes the City to receive a driver record report upon enrollment and during employment.
PTS workers are at will. Generally, PTS employees are limited to no more than 999 hours.
The City of Santa Clarita is an Equal Opportunity Employer.