2023 CEC Summer Internship
CLIENT ENGAGEMENT CENTER SUMMER INTERNSHIP (Boston, MA)
Founded in 1937, Putnam Investments is a global money management firm with over 75 years of experience helping individuals and institutions pursue their investment goals. Putnam manages assets across equity, fixed income, asset allocation, and alternative strategies. Active, fundamental research, innovation, and risk management drive our approach to investing. Our global presence includes offices in Boston, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney, all united by our collaborative culture and singular focus on client objectives. For more information, please visit www.putnam.com.
The Client Engagement Center (CEC), serves as Home Office operations to all client interactions for Putnam Retail Management. The CEC is dedicated to delivering premier value-add content and services in a consultative way to our advisors in the areas of investment, practice and wealth management.
The Summer CEC Intern position is an excellent internship opportunity that offers an exciting and rewarding internship experience in financial services. The intern will participate in a 1-week training program that focuses on industry, product and Putnam’s Client Engagement methodology. Upon completion of the training program, interns will be assigned to rotations to 1 of Putnam Retail Management’s business groups for period of 4 weeks. These divisions could include but are not limited to retail and institutional sales: account management, mutual fund distribution, relationship management, client service, marketing, product and marketing/communications.
• Build a solid understanding of the industry – In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about the mutual fund industry and the products and services offered by Putnam Investments in the financial services arena.
• Acquire an understanding of Putnam ’s products – Be able to articulate Putnam’s value proposition and differentiation surrounding our products, client engagement process, and people. Understand how our products are tailored toward providing investment solutions for our clients.
• Actively participate in new hire training and ongoing training as deemed necessary.
Education, Work Experience, and Key Traits
• 8-week commitment required. Monday – Friday (8:30 am – 5 pm).
• Previous financial services internship experience preferred.
• Effective one on one communication skills; interpersonal flexibility.
• Team player, shows initiative/resourcefulness, actively seeks chances to make a contribution. Able to learn quickly, retain knowledge and information.
• Demonstrates integrity; highly motivated to succeed; demonstrates a passion for the business.
• Progression towards completing a BA or BS degree is required.
• Candidates from all undergraduate majors are considered, with a focus on juniors who will be entering their senior year in college.
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, refugee, asylee, or lawful permanent resident.