Veterinary Medical Officer
This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration and is located in the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM), Office of Research. The mission of the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) is to protect human and animal health.
To view the full vacancy annoucement, click here: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/709797400
- Provides clinical support for animals used in research activities and assists in technical procedures, surgical procedures, postoperative care, and the use of anesthetics and analgesics for animals.
- Provides guidance on surgical and postoperative measures.
- Engages in collaborative discussions with other scientists on the development and implementation of the techniques used by a clinical care veterinarian.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current topics, technological advances, and alternative methods in the field of veterinary science and regulatory veterinary science.
- Works with Principal Investigators, Staff Scientists, and Animal Care Staff in technical procedures, surgical procedures, postoperative care, and the use of anesthetics and analgesics for animals.
- Provides veterinary medical support and advice to researchers who are performing research with animals.
- Maintains working knowledge of current topics, technological advances, and alternative methods in the field of veterinary science and regulatory veterinary science.
- Engages in collaborative discussion with other scientists on the development and implementation of the techniques used by a clinical care veterinarian.
How to Apply
To apply for positions with the Food & Drug Administration, you must have a USAJOBS Login.GOV account, and be signed in to that account, before you click "Apply Online". See the USAJOBS Help Site article "How does the application process work?" for more on this process. Additionally, you must provide a resume and any required supporting documentation listed on the announcement, and you must complete all assessment questionnaires BEFORE 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of this announcement, 03/09/2023. We recommend that you start the application process early enough that you can complete and submit your application before this deadline.
Please note that you cannot submit documentation or make changes to your application after the close date.
If you would like to learn how to use USAJOBS including: accessing and managing your account, adding saved documents, building a resume, or starting an application; we recommend you visit the USAJOBS How To site, and read up on any topic that you need help with. This site is located at: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/. Additionally, if you need technical assistance with USAJOBS (such as account issues) please visit the main USAJOBS Help site at: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/. FDA's Applicant Help Desk is not able to support USAJOBS-related issues.
The Food & Drug Administration uses a system called Application Manager (USA Staffing) to post jobs and accept applications. If you are not familiar with Application Manager or encounter any difficulty with the site, we recommend that you review the Applicant HELP Site at: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Applicant. This help site contains step-by-step instructions for completing the application process, submitting documentation, and completing questionnaires, and should be very helpful to you!
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. The FDA will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who are not able to apply online. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Applicant Help Desk. Decisions on granting a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
If after reviewing the USAJOBS and Application Manager help sites, you're not able to find the answer to your question or concern, or if you wish to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the FDA Applicant Help Desk at 888-478-4340, or e-mail QuickQuestions@fda.gov. The Applicant Help Desk is staffed between the hours of 7am and 6pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except for government holidays. If you contact the Applicant Help Desk, please provide the following Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 11858633 so that we may assist you faster.