Position Duration: September 2023 - May 2024
The Career and Professional Success (CaPS) Ambassador Program is composed of driven, proactive students who care for the wellbeing of all Wildcats. CaPS Ambassadors not only represent the CaPS team, but they serve as extensions of the CaPS brand, services, and career technology. All CaPS Ambassadors will receive training that covers resumes (college-specific language, formatting, feedback, VMock), professional profiles (LinkedIn, Wildcat Connections, and Handshake), and presentation skills, as well as take part in weekly professional development exercises to foster personal growth.
Students must be able to commit to 6-8 hours per week in the fall and spring semesters and at least two of the following shifts:
· 12:45 - 3:00 pm on Mondays
· 12:45 - 3:00 pm on Tuesdays
· 12:45 - 3:00 pm on Wednesdays
· Provide brief (10-minute) reviews of student resumes and professional profiles (Handshake, LinkedIn, Wildcat Connections) within assigned college
· Complete CaPS projects as assigned during Drop-In Hours when not meeting with students
· Reinforce and provide instruction for use of CaPS technology (Handshake, VMock, Wildcat Connections, etc.)
· Provide referrals as needed (CaPS support, Academic Advising)
· Drop-Ins room preparation (open Handshake kiosk, signage, workspace setup)
Note: Responsibilities during Drop-In Hours are subject to change depending on assigned college.
· Champion Wildcat Connections group(s) by encouraging students to utilize this UNH-exclusive networking platform
Event Support & Promotion
· Promote CaPS services and events through tabling, social media, and word of mouth
· Assist CaPS staff on major event days (as your academic schedule permits)
· Additional projects assigned throughout the semester by CaPS staff (during work hours)
· Deliver engaging, pre-made CaPS presentations (approximately 30-45 minutes) to residence halls and/or student organizations upon request (2-3 presentations per semester)
· Complete assigned professional development work (2 hours per week, can be done remotely)
· Bi-weekly check-ins (in-person or via Zoom) with supervisor
· Logging hours (punching in and out using Kronos)
· Submitting hours for approval by 4:00 PM every Friday
Once hired, the first week of work will be dedicated to mandatory training (. The schedule will be based on the CaPS training team’s availability. After that you will be assigned to a college team for your typical work schedule. You will have opportunities to add hours through events, campus marketing, and presentations.
Pay rate for 2023-24 is $13.00/hour.
When carrying out position responsibilities, CaPS Ambassadors represent the Career and Professional Success (CaPS) team and the University. Therefore, we expect that CaPS Ambassadors will behave in a professional manner while serving in this capacity and will be role models for students on the transition from college to career. Professional conduct includes maintaining confidentiality, dressing appropriately for an office environment, and being attentive and proactive in helping students while at work.
CaPS Ambassadors must be in good academic and social (i.e., no record of misconduct) standing. Violation of University rules and/or policies may result in termination from this position.