Life Scientist/Physical Scientist - R8
This position is in Region 8, Enforcement & Compliance Assurance Division. About Region 8
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis. Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
This job is open to:
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL) - Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- The public - U.S. Citizens, Nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, or other federal requirements.
- Provide technical advice and information on analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc., related to specific program areas, functions, or activities.
- Serve as a technical resource in the development, negotiation, and litigation of both civil and criminal enforcement matters.
- Plan, conduct, and/or provide regulatory technical assistance to complex field sampling and analytical services, facility inspections and audits.
- Provide assistance to customers on the technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations.
You will spend Less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.