Bridge Inspection Trainee (Req ID 13978)
Bridge Inspection Trainee
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Bridge Inspection Assistant Team Leader - Trainee for our Troy, NY, Valhalla, NY, or Goshen, NY office. Be involved in projects with our Transportation Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our clients' objectives and solves their challenges.
The successful candidate will have an Associate's (AAS/AS) level degree in Civil Engineering and no prior work experience in the job classification for which they are being trained.
Under direct supervision, provides technical design and CADD support on projects to produce designs and specifications to be used for planning, transportation, infrastructure, and technical services business lines. Tasks may include assisting and receiving training in developing skills with CADD design on basic projects. Generates accurate and concise design phase deliverables regarding assigned aspects of the project. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, accuracy, and functionality.
- Review previous inspection reports and assist in the planning of field operations.
- Perform inspection work and compile reports.
- Receive directions from Project Manager, Team Leaders, and other senior staff.
- Technical compliance with DOT standards.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Associate's (AAS/AS) Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 0 years of relevant experience; have no prior work experience and/or qualification in/for the job classification for which this role provides training.
- Physically capable of performing continuous field work including but not limited to working at heights and in close quarters, climbing, carrying ladders and gear, working in adverse weather conditions, etc.
- Candidate must be a minimum 18 years of age.
- Candidate must hold a valid unrestricted driver license.
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP’s Motor Vehicle screening.
- Exhibit interest in performing the work contemplated and be deemed capable of continuous employment over the duration of the program.
- General awareness of drafting and design support principles, practices, process, methods and techniques.
- General awareness of relevant codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Effective self-leadership with attention to detail, ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, and comply with company policies.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. These benefits include coverage related to medical, dental, vision, disability, and life; retirement savings; paid sick leave; paid vacation (or other personal time); paid parental leave; and paid time off for purposes of bereavement, voting, and/or attendance at naturalization proceedings.
Expected Salary (all locations): $45,600 - $57,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it might pay and offer for this position, based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to internal equity and specific geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, and/or federal law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
Job Status: Regular
Employee Type: Full
Primary Location: VALHALLA - SUMMIT LAKE DR
All locations: US-NY-Goshen, US-NY-Troy, US-NY-Valhalla
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation – no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.