Claims Analyst I
About the Office of the Massachusetts State Treasurer and Receiver General (“Treasury”)
Our mission is to manage and safeguard the State's public deposits and investments through sound business practices for the exclusive benefits of our citizens, and perform these duties with integrity, excellence, and leadership. Additionally, we strive to provide economic opportunity, stability, and security for every Massachusetts resident.
We are committed to excellence in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse and qualified individuals. We value the culture of diversity and professionalism in the workplace, and strongly believe that our workforce should reflect our community.
Purpose of the Job:
Respond to mail, phone, fax and other inquiries from the general public regarding unclaimed property as well as researching the status of pending claims.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Daily interaction with the public regarding claims via phone, e-mail, correspondence and in person
- Follow established procedures for determining rightful owners of unclaimed property
- Communicate independently with holders and potential claimants when researching the status of reported funds.
- Send claim forms and other information to rightful owners or their legal representatives
- Provide independent initial (Level 1) approval for all valid claims in a timely fashion
- Research the status of pending claims and provide updated information to claimants
Other Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide service to walk-in customers as needed
- Perform special research projects as required by Assistant Treasurer or Deputy Director
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required
- Ability to courteously handle high volume of phone calls from the general public required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advance Excel skills