Mental Health Assistant 2 (24 Hour)
Find out more information and apply online at: https://www.jobapscloud.com/CT/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=231113&R2=5723HN&R3=001
Looking for an exciting opportunity to make a real impact?Join us and be part of a revolutionary team shaping the future!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Mental Health Assistant 2 (PCN 124010) to join our team. This position will support our Residential Program and Respite Unit at our River Valley Services (RVS) facility in Middletown. Find out more information on this great opportunity below!
- Location: 351 Silver St, Middletown, CT
- Work Hours: Full-time, 48 hours biweekly
- Work Shift: Second shift, 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Work Schedule: See below.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- A Platinum Healthcare Plan, the nation’s best for state employees and dependents, according to a report by Georgetown’s Center on Health Insurance Reform and article by Ellen Andrews, Ph.D
- Generous paid time off, include 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Retirement healthcare offerings
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
- A healthy work/life balance!
You'd be able to work for a Forbes top company: 'Forbes' State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Assisting with development of life skills in individual and group setting
- Providing supervision, support and close monitoring to assist clients in managing risk issues and increasing coping skills
- Providing transportation to appointments and activities
- Mentoring activities to increase social skills
- Participating in the implementation and monitoring of positive behavioral plans
- Supporting with vocational and educational goals and with accessing community resources
MORE ABOUT THE AGENCY AND FACILITIES:
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
River Valley Services (RVS), a community mental health center serving Middlesex County and the towns of Lyme and Old Lyme, is operated by the State of Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS). RVS’s goal is to provide the highest quality crisis intervention, case management, and residential and clinical services to adult citizens, 18 years of age and older, who suffer from serious mental disorders and who lack the financial means to secure such services in the private sector.
Our Respite program is an eight bed short-term residential service for individuals who are undergoing severe psychological distress, but who do not require an inpatient level of care.